In-Mold Decoration is a process for decorating injection molded plastic parts that combines the high quality printing capabilities of PC foil and the benefits of 3D plastic injection. In-Mold Decoration designs allow for a wide variety of printed colors, textures and finishes all decorated on second surface of the foil, while providing superior reliability, life time abrasion and environmental resistance.
Benefits of In-Mold Decorating
- Variety of decoration finished, textures and metallic color effects.
- Enhanced graphic backlighting effects
- Life time abrasion protection and graphics are almost impossible to remove
- Second surface graphics provide excellent abrasion and chemical resistance
- Highly durable and low-cost interface solution
- IMD solutions enable high resolution graphics with multiple color options in metallic, matte, and high gloss surface finishes and texture